While you're integrating the widget, make sure that:
- Your users first register an account with your application before accessing Belvo.
- You implement the Success and Exit callback functions.
- You Implement the widget in update mode to handle links with an
- You use the
institutions.resourcesfield to define which institutions to display in the widget.
- If using single links, you use the
fetch_resourcesparameter to asynchronously receive historical data about your user.
We strongly recommend that you follow the flow of first registering your user with your platform and only then using the widget. This way, you avoid any link duplication issues.
Make sure that your integration can handle and log the
- 400 and 401 errors
- 500 Errors
- Timeout errors
We ask you to log the
request_id just in case you need to reach out to our support team. With this ID, we can speed up the troubleshooting process and figure out a solution for you.
Can your integration handle:
- 201 Success responses
- 204 Success responses (when you delete some data)
Additionally, make sure that with successful responses, you store:
- The unique identifier for the object (for example, the
This will allow you to avoid having duplicated objects (such as transactions) in your database.
Whether you are using single or recurrent links, make sure you:
- Set a webhook URL in the dashboard so that you can receive webhook events.
- If needed, set a refresh rate of 6, 12, or 24 hours (contact our sales team).
- Only send GET requests after you receive a webhook event.
Please remember that you'll need to set different webhook URLs depending on the environment you're working in.
Does your integration:
- Store the
institution_user_idwhen a link is created? (useful to avoid duplicate links).
- Monitor for
token_requiredlink statuses, and if needed, prompt your users to update their credentials?
If we make the following non-breaking changes to our API, are you sure it won't affect your integration?
- New fields or a different order in the response body.
- Change the number of characters for a string.
Sare microseconds (from 3 to 6 digits) and
- Add new endpoints.
On 01-03-2022, we will change our timestamps to consistently return only ISO 8601-format timestamps, that is,
When you are switching to Production, make sure that:
- You are calling the production version of the Belvo API (https://api.belvo.com).
- You are using your Belvo Production API Keys.
- You are storing your API keys securely.
Make sure you've subscribed to the following services to be up to date on the status of our API and institutions:
Updated 4 months ago