In this section, you will learn how Belvo works and the main API concepts to help you start accessing financial information from your end users.
Belvo is an open finance API for Latin America that allows companies to securely access different type of information through our products:
- Banking with information like account statements, real time balance, historical transactions and account owner identification
- Fiscal with information like received and sent invoices and tax returns
- Gig economy with information like trips, real time balance and full details on the gig driver
We are currently supporting most of the banks in latin america along with tax authorities and top gig economy apps.
Through our products, developers can access customer information like:
- Bank information:
- Bank account statements
- Historical bank transactions and balances
- Bank account owner identification
- Insights about the income
- Tax information:
- Invoices sent and received by a person or a business that have been certified by the tax administration
- Tax returns sent every year by a person or a business to the tax administration
- Tax status - Constancia de situación fiscal - with all information about the tax situation of a person or a business on the tax authority in the country
- Gig information:
- Historical trips done by a driver and balances
2 * Driver account owner identification
By implementing Belvo, your users will be able to connect their bank, tax or gig accounts to your app in just seconds.
To create this connection, your users will have to share their online credentials with Belvo. We encrypt these credentials as soon as we receive them and we always use them to access the accounts in read only mode.
As soon as the link is created between your app and your user's bank or tax authority, you will be able to pull financial data: owned accounts, real time accounts balance, ownership information, transaction history and certified invoices.
Using our Banking product, you can access the following financial data:
Get all information about your customer bank accounts, including:
Get a list of bank transactions with all meta data, including:
Get full detail of a bank account owner, including:
Get the balance of your customer bank accounts at any given time in the past.
Get insights on the income of a user through its bank accounts.
Using our Fiscal product, you can access the following financial data:
Get full detail on all certified invoices sent and a received by a business or a person, including:
Get full detail on the tax returns sent every year by a person or a business to the tax administration, including:
Get full detail on the tax situation of a person or a business on the tax authority in the country, including:
Using our Gig economy product, you can access the following financial data:
Get all information about your customer gig accounts, including:
Get a list of gig transactions with all meta data, including: `
Get full detail of a gig account owner, including:
Get the balance of your customer gig accounts at any given time in the past.
It is important to start by defining some terms as you will need to be familiar with when interacting with Belvo. Your end-users finances can be held in different financial institutions, and inside each institution, they might have several accounts. This is why it is important to look at the way we structure the information that you can access.
The tax return data structure will be different depending on if it is related to a person or a business.
The tax status data structure will be different depending on if it is related to a person or a business.
Updated 3 days ago
|Get your Belvo API keys|